I was born in Fort Worth, Texas but have grown up in OKC. I am also a huge dog lover and have three along with a parakeet named Tootsie.
Over the break Santa decided to leave me a note a week before Christmas telling me there was a puppy waiting for me at OK Humane so my dad and I went and visited OK Humane and came home with this cutie! His name is Shivu, named after the Hindu god Lord Shiva.
Here is a picture of him when we brought him home.
![]() |
| (Image Information: personal photo of my dog Shivu from December 2017) |
My favorite places on campus are the Union and the Bizzell Memorial Library. The Union is not only one of my favorite places but is also home to the Union Programming Board (UPB), which I happen to be a member of. I will also be an official member of the Management Information Systems Student Association (MISSA) this semester.
I like to refer to the members as my family at OU. I remember going to Casino Night which was one of the very first UPB events I had ever gone too and was amazed at how much fun they made it. After I had spoken to one of the members they had told me I could join and that they would be having a meeting and ever since then I have been involved with the organization.
Here is a picture of UPB from my sophomore year.
![]() |
| (Imaging Information: personal photo of the Union Programming Board from 2016) |
I am planning to study abroad in Spain this summer and am super excited and hope to be approved to go (wish me luck!) Since I'm talking about where/what I would like to do in the future I would also like to mention that I would like go skydiving someday which I know is extreme (considering I don't really do much except eat and sleep all day) but hey, being crazy, random, and unpredictable is part of my personality.
So I hope I introduced myself well and didn't scare anyone off! Tell me about yourself in the comments below!


Hi Chandni! There is so much good stuff always going on at UPB; you can let me know if there are any special events you want me to publicize in the class announcements!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I definitely will let you know!
DeleteHi Chandni! I admire that you know what you want to do with your major! I took a while to declare my major. Your parakeet’s name is soo cute! It’s so cool that you have a multitude of pets at home. Your new puppy is super adorable too! That is definitely the best Christmas present I could ever want! I wish you lots of luck with your summer abroad in Spain!
ReplyDeleteHaha thank you!
DeleteThanks for adding all the great stuff to your Introduction, Chandni! And how fabulous that your dog is named Shivu: maybe this is a sign that you should do a project for this class about the stories and legends of Shiva. And of course there are soooo many beautiful Shiva stories, along with music and dance and art that he has inspired. And thanks to you and everybody at the UPB for all the great events; whenever there is a movie on Friday that has a connection to mythology or storytelling or any kind of connection to these classes, I always include it, like Blade Runner in today's announcements. Happy Friday! Happy Movies in Meacham!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you, Chandni! First off, your puppy Shivu is adorable! He looks perfectly posed in that picture. I am a senior as well, it is crazy to look back on the past few years I have spent at OU. The time truly flew by! Best of luck to you applying to study abroad in Spain, that is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteThank You!
DeleteHi Chandni! I am a PR major with a general business minor and I am in my very first MIS class this semester (which I'm totally scared about because I have never done anything with MIS before). And the Union is definitely my favorite place on campus too. The area where all of the booths are is where I live for the majority of my time because I love studying there and it allows me to be around my friends at the same time. Good luck this semester!
ReplyDeleteThank You! And don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine in that class! I had a really great professor who made it fun which was part of the reason I decided to make this my major! Best of luck to you as well!
DeleteHello Chandi! My name is Chelsea. Congratulations on becoming a of MISSA. I think we have a lot in common. I, too, love dogs and the Bizz! Good luck on getting approved to go to Spain in the summer. I would love to visit Spain someday. The only countries I have been to in Europe is Germany and Italy. So, if you do get the chance, I would definitely recommend a visit! Germany has the most amazing greenery, while Italy has beautiful architecture and history. The food there is so delicious! I look forward to reading you blog!
ReplyDeleteHi Chelsea! Maybe we'll see each other there some time haha! Thanks for sharing about Europe with me! I have only been to London only so it's nice to get some more insight about other places.
DeleteHey Chandni! This year I am rooming with a few guys that are in the business college and are always bringing up the MIS department and such and it sounds like a really interesting field of study! I'm sure it will come in handy when you take over (I imagine anyway) your family's business with the hospital industry. The technology in the medical field is changing ever more quickly and with just a slight knowledge of how to deal with this I am sure you can take the business to the next level. Good luck in Spain and for the rest of this semester.
ReplyDeleteThank you! My family is actually in the hospitality industry which deals with hotels but I have considered going into the medical field to work with technology :)
DeleteHello Chandni. My name is Jonathan. Management Information Systems is an extremely interesting field and seems like a great major to pick. Growing up I had four dogs in my house and once I went to college my little sister got even more. I am also planning on traveling abroad over the summer. I hope you are able to travel to Spain over the summer!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Where are you planning to go?
DeleteHi Chandni, my name is Naomee. Interestingly, my parents also have careers in the business field and they wanted me to obtain a degree in MIS or accounting but I learned I am terrible at Calculus. Additionally, around the same time, I became incredibly fascinated by topics in chemistry and biology so I decided to pursue pre-medical studies. Good luck with your application to study abroad! I look forward to reading your blog posts.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! My parents wanted me to go into the medical and science field but I chose business! I'm glad you followed your dreams! Thank you!
DeleteHey, Chandni! Your story sounds so cool! I also think it is super cool that you are trying to pave your own way and really do your own thing! I believe that it is super important for people to do that kind of thing. I also love the that you are such an animal lover! I hope you are loving all your time with your new puppy!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll be sure to post more pictures of him :)
DeleteHi Chandni, I just read your story for the week, and really enjoyed it! Having taken some MIS courses I respect that you are majoring in it. Keeping those databases organized and functioning properly is not for everyone, and you must have a keen eye for smal ldetails. I thought about majoring in that for a while, but I just couldn't get into it enough to commit to that. Shivu is super cute, I realy like his "mask". I hope to get myself a dog once I can afford it. I hope you get approved to study in Spain this summer, I have heard that is a great place to study abroad!
ReplyDeleteThank you! He definitely lives up to his name haha!
DeleteHi Chandni. I really appreciate the events put on by the UPB! I don't go to a lot of them but every time I have gone I've liked it. Do you know Jeff Terry? I know he used to be on the Programming Board but I don't know if he still is. Your dog is adorable, and I think Shivu is an excellent name. I really want a dog, and can't wait to graduate so I can get one (it's really expensive to have pets at my current apartment.) What study abroad topics are offered in Spain?
ReplyDeleteI do know Jeff as a matter of fact! Thanks and I feel the same way! Shivu stays with my parents so I only see him when I go home. As far as I know, they offer a Spanish class but I want to take my capstone. Which is a 4000 level BAD class, if I recall, one of them is International Business or something like that :)
DeleteHi Chandi! I loved reading about everything you are passionate about and involved in! I also was a part of DECA in high school, and its not every day that I hear about someone else who was a part of it. It is such a great opportunity in high school to start to explore potential career paths. Also, I loved hearing about your involvement in UPB. I am a part of CAC, and I agree - they really are family! I can't wait to read all of your posts and stories!
ReplyDelete*Chandni! I'm sorry!
DeleteHi Chandni! I's Shivani and my friends calls me Shivu for short! I have several friends who are majoring in MIS and they really enjoy it! Your dog is really cute and I would love to see pictures of your other pets! I want to get a dog, but my family is so against it, even though they live like 3 hours away. Oh well, one day my time will come and I will get a dog of my own. I love your stories by the way and I can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteHi Chandni! Spain sounds like such fun! I hope you're able experience that this summer. Also, your dog is adorable. I grew up with parakeets, but now we just have dogs, so having a blend of both must be nice! Birds are a bit noisy though, aren't they? Thank goodness you can fool them into sleeping (sometimes) by putting a sheet over their cage...
ReplyDeleteI wish you success in your studies! Sounds like you know what you want and you're going after it! Not many people can say as much.
Haha yeah but I enjoy hearing her tweet. Sometimes I wake up to it :)
DeleteHi Chandi! I'm sure this will be the 100th time you've read this but your dog is adorable! And I love the name. I am assuming that since you got him around Christmas time naming him had nothing to do with this class, but how did you decide on the name Shivu? Good luck on your Spain application!
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I don't know. We wanted to rename so he didn't even really have a name the first few days after we got him and then we kind of starting calling him by that name.
DeleteHey Chandi! It awesome that you have finally figured out what you want to do with your career. Your dog is really adorable and I'm glad santa thought to get you such a nice pup. Your involvement with UPB sounds fun and i'm glad you've found a family here at OU. Studying abroad in Spain sounds awesome and I hope you have a great time there.
ReplyDeleteHey Chandni!!
ReplyDeleteSo cool to get to learn more about you. I think it is awesome that you are majoring in MIS. I took and MIS class last semester, and though it was really interesting and fun, I could not see myself doing that for the rest of my life. I do not have the patience. Also, your dog looks awesome. It makes me miss my dog. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more of your stories this semester!
Hi Chandi! I like how you found a family in the Union Programming Board here at OU! Also, One of my favorite things about your dog is that you named him Shivu. I think it's really neat that you named him after the god and now you are in Epics of India! I look forward to reading some of your stories and hearing more about what you are up to!
ReplyDeleteHi Chandi,
ReplyDeletereally cool that you wanna sort of follow in your families footsteps going into the business world, I'm sort of doing the same; just with a different major. Your dog Shivu really looks well behaved in that photo and I really like the name you picked for him.
Hello Chandi, it is nice to meet you. I do not know what exactly Management Information Systems does, but it sounds interesting. Your dog is really cute. I hope you have the opportunity to go to Spain, that sounds fun. As someone who has been skydiving it is a lot of fun and really intense. I hope you have the opportunity to try it sometime.
ReplyDeleteHello Chandi! I too am a dog lover, and I think Shivu looks amazing! I'd love to give him a hug and tell him he's a good boy. Going to Spain sounds awesome, and I hope you get to go! I don't think I could handle skydiving, I just have a feeling it would be something that would give me a lot of anxiety. I bet it would be super fun for you though, if you could handle it!
ReplyDeletehi Chandi , I like your major I noticed a lot of students in this class have this major and I never knew what it was until somebody explained it. and your new member of the family is so cute ! I like when people go rescue animals instead of spending 1,000's of dollars on a dog. I like you saved his life.
ReplyDeleteHi Chandni! It is great to meet another person in the class. It is awesome to hear that you might go to Spain for the summer. I am going there next week. I will let you know how it is, but I have heard that Spain is beautiful. It is always good to step outside of your comfort zone for a while. I wish you all of the luck for your journey!
ReplyDeleteHello Chandni!
ReplyDeleteI'm also an MIS major! I just recently changed over to MIS, and next semester I will finally be able to take more MIS classes. I'm super excited and am glad to know another MIS major! Your dog is super cute, and I love the name. I've wanted to get a dog or cat for so long, but my apartment is just a little too small right now. I hope you have a good last year and semester!
Hello Chandni,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being a senior, I am also a senior and I am so ready to graduate. I am a psychology major so I know nothing about MIS. It sounds interesting though. I think it is cool that you are taking after your parents. That is becoming less common. Good luck with only a few more weeks left!
Hey Chandni,
ReplyDeleteThat's really cool that you figured out what you wanted to do through a vocational school in high school! I did a persuasive speech in my public speaking class last spring where I argued that vocational school programs should be much more available to high school students than they are. It's so hard for those kids to really know what they want to do without any sort of real-world experience when coming into college.
Hi Chandni!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to go to Spain this summer, that sounds super fun! I had to have a friend explain MIS to me because I started meeting more and more people with that major, and it sounds really interesting. I think it's cool that you found your passion through a vocational school, these programs are so important in preparing kids for what they want to do, whether that be college or something else. Good luck with the next few weeks!
Hi Chandi! I love your puppy, it's so cute! I took an MIS class my sophomore year and I thought it was super interesting and I bet there's a lot you can do with it being your degree! Cool also that you got to find what you were interested in at vocational school too! Good luck with the end of the semester!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting that you're planning on studying abroad! I studied abroad for a semester my sophomore year and it is THE highlight of my college career. You can never top study abroad! Congrats on your new puppy (though I suppose by now he doesn't seem very new), and I love the name! I am always perusing adoptable pets online and someday I will act on it!
ReplyDeleteHey Chandi, I'm also an enormous fan of dogs! That would be one amazing Christmas gift to receive! Also, I thin your dog looks very regal n his photograph. I think thats great that you found such a tight nit group here at OU! I think community is a very important part of everyones life and can be very easily neglected during college years. I hope you get the chance to go to Spain this summer! I can tell you would really enjoy spending time in such a different culture. Nice to meet you!
ReplyDelete