Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Class Assignments

I think this class will be really fun this semester and not just because it is online but because I can be creative. This class is one of the first classes where I have to blog. I have always wondered what it would be like to be a blogger and now I actually get to experience what it's like to be a blogger! My high school English teacher once told me I should be a writer for whatever reason and even though that is not my major this blog gives me a chance to write and test out my writing skills.

(created by KevinKing)
Image Source: Pixabay

I really like that there are various ways to earn extra credit in this class like the one where you can reflect on your week. It's like having a diary again except other people can read it too. As a person who likes constant feedback, it will be very interesting to see what my classmates have to say. I also like the extra commenting because like the professor said, it will give me a chance to network with other people and make some time to socialize in my busy schedule (not that I don't socialize or anything haha). The back-up and review seems interesting too. I'm wondering if that's something where you save it or if it's something where you actually go back and read but I guess I'll find out soon!

(extra-credit-cat created by Paul Anderson)
Source Image: Flickr

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like this class will give you a chance to try all kinds of experiments, Chandni! Blogs are really cool because they are writing in the regular way... but then, you can also click on the HTML view of a blog post and see just what is going on in terms of the coding. Of course, you don't have to look at the HTML and a lot of people who blog are not interested in any of that, but for you, BOTH kinds of writing will make sense: the writing itself AND the code that makes the writing into something digital. Blogger is very user-friendly for experimenting with code, with javascripts, etc. ... and we also have the OU Create project here. Do they include that in the MIS courses now? You can go to create.ou.edu and activate a free webspace where you can get HTTPS webspace of your own. That comes in really handy if you want to play with javascripts... definitely not required for this class, but they sure are fun to write and use! All the little randomizers in the sidebars of my blogs are javascripts that I make with RotateContent.com (it turns HTML into javascript), and then I use OUCreate to host the scripts. Anyway, this comment has gotten all geeky, ha ha, but I really hope you will enjoy the class as a way to experiment with both writing and with coding if you want! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have not used it in any of my MIS courses yet but thank you for sharing that with me! I will definitely be checking that out! I will be taking a Web Design class this semester so they might use it in there :)

      Delete