Friday, January 12, 2018

Time Strategies: Time Is Not the Enemy

Increase Your Creative Output With 14 Time Management Tips Just for Creatives

I really enjoyed reading this because it was really relatable. I usually manage my time based on my energy. I was actually having this conversation with my coworkers today about how time is the enemy but after reading this I realized that when I feel like I wasted my time when I know I could be doing something productive, I actually mean energy.

I found myself doing most of the things the article talks about such as taking short breaks, and doing the hardest tasks first.

The way I usually manage my time is based on my level energy. I will make a mental schedule of what I am going to do for the next day and will usually squeeze in a nap somewhere in my schedule because I feel like above all my mental and physical health needs to be in good shape in order to actually get work done. Being a night owl, getting up early is hard so I will usually have a nap and then work on whatever I need to work on later that evening since I find myself being more productive at night.

Last semester I finally learned how to prioritize my tasks with homework and studying being one of my top priorities and feel like I did a lot better than the previous semester. I also feel like part of the reason I was able to prioritize my coursework was because it was interesting to me but that's a story for another day.

I also find myself being punctual whether it comes to my assignments or meeting a friend, I will usually try to get it done ahead of time so that I do not have to worry about it as much later or can go back and fix it if I need to before the deadline.


11 ways unsuccessful people mismanage their time

I liked this article because it made me realized that I am doing a better job at managing my time than I thought.

I like to use my phone to schedule things and remind me that I have to be somewhere or do something at a certain time. A lot of the times when I'm making time to meet with someone, one of the first things I will do is check my schedule so that I do not end up calling them last minute and sounding like I bailed on them.

The only challenge I feel like I face when it comes to time management is keep track of how much time I spend on something. I will usually plan to spend a certain amount of time but will end up either spending too much or too little time on something. I plan to take less naps so that I will spend more time studying and working on my assignments.

After reading the article, I realized why some of my semesters did not go so well. Some of the things listed in the article were things that I did, like juggling everything at once and did not prioritize properly.  Thankfully, I fixed that last semester and am always trying to improve.

And now to end this blog, here is  a random Futurama meme about time

(Futurama Meme)
Image Source: quickmeme






No comments:

Post a Comment