Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Storybook Favorites

I See Everything

Karma is a concept I am very familiar with since I have grown up practicing Hinduism. I feel like the title did a good job because it gives the audience an idea of what the topic could possibly be about. In a way, it foreshadows the topic.

I feel like the introduction does a wonderful job at explaining karma. The introduction was very interesting. I like how karma is portrayed as a female working at a journalism company. I feel like the dark background makes it easier for me to read and focus in on the text better. The writer also breaks the paragraphs up so that there isn't too much information too overwhelm the readers.

The navigation was really easy and I do see myself using a darker background for my blog so that readers can focus on the text. I will also separate the story into different parts like this writer did so that it is easier for the reader to follow. Overall I really liked the creative style of this writer and how she explains karma through journalism.  

Ganesha's Blog

I really enjoyed this introduction because I am very much familiar with the story of Ganesh. I have grown up watching movies and listening to songs about him as well as stories so when I read this it was really nice to refresh my memory of this story. The style of writing kept me reading throughout the whole time. I really liked how links to the stories are incorporated to encourage people to read the stories and not just the introductions. The title does a good job at introducing Ganesha as well. It is clear that Ganesha is the topic.

The writer did a great job at introducing Ganesha and explaining how he was born as well as how he ended up getting and elephant head instead of a human one. I like how the background has an image of Ganesha with bright colors and the font is kind of childlike the god himself. The introduction was broken into paragraphs with images in between which made it even more fun to read.

The overall layout was well organized. I will definitely add some images to make the blog more interesting for the readers and maybe throw in a few links to my other blogs as well.

Zoo Animal History

This introduction was fascinating because it focused more on the animals in the stories. I was not familiar with all of them but I was familiar with Hanuman since I've learned about him since I was little. I liked how the title introduces the topic. There was no confusion, it got straight to the point. I like how the author is creative by introducing the animals in the form of a tour at a zoo. I liked the layout but personally didn't like the font but that's just me . The background was really cute because of the cartoon animals. It reminded me of my room when I was little. It's actually still sort of like that to be honest. I might consider using a cute background if it fits my story like this author did.

A Picture of Hanuman from the Hanuman Chalisa
Image Source: Live India



1 comment:

  1. You picked some really nice Storybooks to look at, Chandni! As you can guess, for a lot of people in class, the world of Indian Epics can be very new. It might be the first time they have heard of Ganesha for example, or they might know the word karma but not realize that it is a concept from India. I am so curious to see what topics will get your attention as possible projects... and there are also so many design possibilities! The Ganesha's Blog project you looked at uses blog software just like you are using for your own blog... but instead, it's Ganesha's own blog. That was a really fun one from last semester! And we can never have too much Hanuman in the class: the story of Hanuman and the sanjeevani on the mountain is one of my favorite stories of all! :-)

    ReplyDelete