I'm hoping next week is a little more laid back but it's college. I've learned to accept that in college you don't get to sleep, you only get naps.
I'm also hoping to get some good news on my study abroad status. I've still been waitlisted but I should be getting and update some time next week.
Today has been a great day thanks to the weather. I came back to OKC to hang out with my family but today was a little different. I came home and hung out with my dogs outside and then when I finally got in the house to get settled, my parents gave me some sad news.
If you've seen my introduction I mentioned having a pet bird, her name was Tootsie. Unfortunately she passed away yesterday but I just learned about it today. What's even more crazy was that I had a dream about this just last week. I remember calling my parents and asking them if she was okay since the dream was practically a nightmare and she was doing great.
It's been a little hard today going near her cage since she's not in there anymore. Everytime I'm near it I look in it expecting her to be there only to remember she's not. However, I also know she is in a better place and was glad to know she went peacefully. I had her for at least 8 years and of all the pet birds I've had, she's probably one of the only few that has liked food as much as me.
Here is a picture of her:
![]() |
| Personal photo of Tootsie |

Chandni, I always love reading people's famous last words. I love that we have the opportunity to make these blog posts. I agree, I am certainly entering the time of the semester where sleep is non-existent. I'm sorry to hear about your bird. It's never easy to go through loss! I'm so glad that you had the time with her that you did! Pets are a wonderful part of life, but it never is easy to see them go!
ReplyDelete