Health
Data Reveals How Some College Students Sleep
One thing I knew already was that sleep affects the mood. The article confirmed my thoughts on how light can also affect the mood. I did not really think about how it may be a warning sign of depression however, when I hear people talk about how they did not get any sleep a lot of the times they say it's because they stayed up late working on homework and studying. If they're my friends, I'll sometimes wonder if that's really the case or if there is something else going on and will show my concern for them just in case. I think it's really interesting how light gives the same effect as an antidepressant. It's really interesting how light affects your body and sleep schedule.This article gave me my answer as to why I am always up late working on homework or something (like now) even though I try to sleep early sometimes. I do not plan to actually try this any time soon but I would like to do more research on this and see what I can find.
What Makes Us Feel Good About Our Work?
This video is very relatable just because I've always enjoyed working for the most part. I enjoy it because it makes me feel like I have a purpose. I never really cared about the monetary value as much as I cared about the environment and internal value I can get. I feel like I get learn a lot through working than I do in a classroom and can connect with others better. It is more hands-on and there are more consequences whereas in a classroom the only consequence is your grade. At work, you also get a chance to correct your mistake and learn from it.
The speaker mentions how people get internal joy from doing what they enjoy which explains why I like to work. It's like people who value what they buy with their own money. It means more as opposed to someone else buying it for you.
Part of the reason I chose my major was because I like to see the result of my hard work. It also very challenging and like a puzzle. Seeing everything fall into place in the end after all the hard work is satisfying in my opinion. I have always liked doing puzzles and knowing that I'll be able to do what I enjoy as a career doesn't even feel like work at all. I will be getting paid to live my dreams.
![]() |
| (9GAG) |
Attention
Being Busy Is Killing Our Ability to Think Creatively
I did not know that being busy can affect the ability to think creatively. It does make sense though. A lot of people I know that say they are busy aren't exactly the most creative thinkers. However some of the people I know that make time to relax or just connect with nature really are creative.
I agree when the article talks about how fear of missing out can increase anxiety since I've had some of those moments as a college student. However, anytime someone wants to play games or be outside I will almost never pass up the opportunity.
![]() |
| (pq) |
Reading
Bibliotherapy: Can You Read Yourself Happy?
I never knew that reading is a therapy or a prescription for that matter. As a person who reads a lot of ebooks I think that reading can make people happy. I know that when I feel down I would read and forget about my problems. I also like paperback novels but sadly I can't read that in the dark before going to bed. Although you can read yourself happy you can also read yourself into other emotions as well depending on what you read but like everything, reading has its good and bad.
![]() |
| (Created with imgflip) |
Time
Reviewing My Schedule
I feel like my schedule has been working great for me. I am focused and have energy when I work on my stories and readings and am able to squeeze in some extra credit and learn something new. For the most part, I find myself getting a little ahead because this class is so much fun. I have some wiggle room which allows me to fall behind a little bit but still turn things in on time.
![]() |
| (Created with imgflip) |
Ariely, Dan. What Makes Us Feel Good About Our Work?
Beres, Derek. Being Busy Is Killing Our Ability to Think Creatively.
Friedman, Richard, A. Data Reveals How Some College Students Sleep.
Beres, Derek. Being Busy Is Killing Our Ability to Think Creatively.
Friedman, Richard, A. Data Reveals How Some College Students Sleep.





Wow, Chandni, this is great: you have actually got 5 different extra credit assignments here, so you can declare those for Weeks 3-4-5-6-7. It's easier to keep track of if you do each one as a separate blog post. It was fun seeing the different challenges you chose from all the different sections. :-)
ReplyDelete