Valmiki's Hermitage by Sister Nivedita
Rama basically abandons Sita by exiling her in the forest because of a rumor he heard. People believed that she was impure because she lived in a house with another man while she was kidnapped. Despite knowing the truth, Rama lets his pride get the better of him and sends Sita away. After he sends her away she takes refuge at Valmiki's Hermitage where she gives birth to two boys which Rama later meets.This would be a good story to retell. I can create two different cases with this one story. Today, if the couple existed, they would be able to divorce instead of just simply disowning each other. It would also be interesting to see Rama try to win Sita again after realizing his mistake.
Sita Departs
Rama learns about his two boys and regrets his decision of exiling Sita. He wants Sita to prove her innocence once again. At this point, Sita as had enough and return back into the earth which was her birthplace. She leaves her twins in Rama's hands and they return to the kingdom without their mother.
I personally feel like Sita was selfish by leaving her children behind but understand her reasoning. Things were different back then and she was meant to stay loyal to her husband and obey him.
I feel like she could've been stronger if not for herself then for her children. I think I might make her a little more sassy so that the story can be told in way that fit's with today's generation.
I feel like she could've been stronger if not for herself then for her children. I think I might make her a little more sassy so that the story can be told in way that fit's with today's generation.
Bhagwat: The Krishna Avatar
![]() |
| Cover of the Bhagwat: The Krishna Avatar Image Source: (Dr. Laura Gibbs) |
Krishna is another form of Vishnu. His story is interesting since he's been killing demons since he was practically born. In this story his uncle Kamsa, sets out to kill him because of what a prophet had told him. The book shares his life story. I am still reading it but so far I have learned that his birth parents switched him with his adoptive parent's baby and that Kamsa has killed many babies.
I feel like there is a lot of information to create a case where Karma sentences Kamsa for his crimes, not to mention Krishna's parents kind of kidnapped a kid. Krishna's adoptive parents seemed a little negligent towards him as a baby by leaving him by himself even if it's for a few minutes so maybe child services can get involved too.
I am going to be honest, I do not know much about how the court system works but I watch a lot of Law & Order: SVU and Forensic shows so that gives me a little bit of an idea. However I may do some research into the court system to make the story seem a little realistic but not entirely. After all it is a story.

No comments:
Post a Comment