The Psychology of Comparison and How to Stop
I really liked this article because I used to (and still do occasionally) compare myself to others but as time went by I learned not to worry about others. As a first-generation student, I have learned to tell myself to do my best and not worry about how someone else did better on their tests or got a better grade to me because I also know that some of the students who do better also had parents who went to college. I always have had the assumptions that people with parents who have gone to college might be a little smarter but I also know that does not make me any less smarter. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I do not see being a first-generation student as a weakness but instead, I see it as my strength.Like the article explains, I am galloping my way to the finish line and focused on my goals. The fourth tip is highly relatable because I when I compare my situations to others, I forget that everyone's starting point is different. I remind myself that I am doing my best and now that I am finally a senior I know I am doing my best.
Why Rejection Hurts and What to Do About It
This article can not be far from the truth. Whether it's intentional or not, rejection can leave a person vulnerable. It's unfortunate that we self-inflict the pain because of these rejections but I'm glad to know it can also be fixed.
Being a person whose dealt with a lot of social rejection, I learned to use some of the methods that the article explains and I couldn't have felt better! Although it takes time, it works eventually. I tend to overthink and analyze things but learned to just leave it alone cause the more I think about, the more it will become personal, when in reality it's not always the case.
I really like the part where it says to call your grandparents if a first date doesn't follow-up. It basically gives the message to be around people who value you and helps a person avoid self-esteem issues which I think is a really good idea.
Being a person whose dealt with a lot of social rejection, I learned to use some of the methods that the article explains and I couldn't have felt better! Although it takes time, it works eventually. I tend to overthink and analyze things but learned to just leave it alone cause the more I think about, the more it will become personal, when in reality it's not always the case.
I really like the part where it says to call your grandparents if a first date doesn't follow-up. It basically gives the message to be around people who value you and helps a person avoid self-esteem issues which I think is a really good idea.
![]() |
| ( Jessica L. Tozer )
Bibliography
Jackson, Ellen. The Psychology of Comparison and How to Stop. https://problogger.com/psychology-comparison-stop/
Winch, Guy. Why Rejection Hurts and What to Do About It. https://ideas.ted.com/why-rejection-hurts-so-much-and-what-to-do-about-it/
|

No comments:
Post a Comment